Monday, June 10, 2013

The Purge EXTRAS + Man of Steel PREVIEW

Nick: I’m excited for This Is the End.

Dustin: I am cautiously optimistic. I laughed in the trailer, but I’m afraid it’ll be too improvised, too self-indulgent, and too loosely plotted.

Nick: I thought you were about to say “too loosely based on a true story”!

Dustin: Like Pain & Gain?

I have high hopes for Man of Steel.

Nick: Can’t wait. I already have my plans to go see it. I pray it’s the first review in which I can say many flattering things.

Dustin: A part of me wants the movie to flop in a big way. I have $2000 in Vegas on Henry Cavill succeeding Daniel Craig as James Bond, and that will never happen if audiences associate him too strongly with Superman. If the movie flops, five to 10 years later he can play 007, and to most people he’ll simply be that guy who played Superman in that one movie no one cared about. And the preppy kid from The Purge can play the villain. But I equally want to see a good Superman movie, so...

Nick: You’re as mean-spirited as The Purge. I kind of want to kill you right now.

Dustin: Luckily murder is still illegal 365 for the next nine years, my friend.

Nick: I’ll bide my time...


No comments:

Post a Comment